Friday, January 10, 2020

With A Heavy Heart......

Today we took Poppy back to the Feral Cat Coalition for a check up.  His missing eye was draining a liquid the color of light watery blood.  They took a look at him and said to watch it and if it gets worse to bring him back again.  On the way home we stopped at a local vet and got him a FIV test.  I wanted him to be able to leave the bathroom and be around the other animals.  The test came back positive.  My heart is broken.  Now I will either have to put him down or find someone willing to take an FIV positive cat.  I just don't know where to start.  I don't want to give up on him!  He needs a home with someone who will keep him in and watch him for any infection he might get.  I understand an FIV cat can live a pretty good life but has to be watched for any immune system problems that might come up.


Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

1 comment:

  1. Crap ... sorry to hear the news. Please reach out to the Oregon Humane Society. They have FIV positive cats in their adoption program. Call them and explain situation ...

    ReplyDelete