Sunday, June 23, 2013

Amos Is Free

Amos is in the main part of the house all the time now and his back room buddies aren't happy about it.  He is doing very well.  He still has fairly weak back legs but he is gaining strength each day.  I have a hunch that his time of not eating might have given him malnutrition if that is possible in cats.  He walks almost bowlegged in the back. He is loving the access to the catnip in all the toys. I have refilled them several times since he started coming out for the day and then became a permanent fixture in the main part of the house again.


Here's a new shot of Lamont.  He's such a pretty boy.  I only wish I could let him out of the back room too.  He sprays when in the main part of the house so he stays in the back room.  Tanner is his companion but does not spray EVER!  When I first started feeding Lamont outside he had just about torn his ear off scratching ear mites. We cured those and he just kept showing up so I let him in.

I took a new picture of Paddington too.  He seems a bit slimmer than when the first picture was taken.  Also he no longer has a circle around his face from licking the inside of the cans of cat food.  He can't have anything now but a food that keeps him from growing Kidney and Bladder stones.  He trys hard at feeding time to beat me to all the bowls from everyone elses food when they're finished.  Most times I win the race unless something distracts me.


The last picture for today is Tanner. He is blind in his right eye now.  He had a very hard life before coming to the house to beg for food.  He would show up with gashes and cuts everywhere on his body.  I finally said, "that's enough"!  A friend of mine in the neighborhood said she saw another cat beating him up and he hardly fought back.  That's probably why he is so afraid of everybody and everything.  He now has a cushy life and no need to beg for food.  He has a hypo-Thyroid problem but seems fine other than that.

So that's life this week.

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment