Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Just Knew It!




I thought I was done with this subject but it seems that the cat at the Humane Society IS Damien. My son came over Friday for his birthday dinner and I showed him the kitty cam at the Humane Society. He identified the white cat as Damien. So the Humane Society has lied to me again. I was told the white cat came to them from animal control and he didn't have a chip. Damien had a chip already when my son gave him to the Humane Society. Even though I was pretty sure the cat WAS Damien there was a small amount of doubt that made me feel not as bad. Now I'm back to feeling bad because I can't go and pick him up and bring him home with me. Being FIV+ he could infect my other cats. This whole situation has been so traumatic for me. I feel so bad for Damien. Life shouldn't be this hard for him! If I had an unlimited amount of money I would build another room off the house and go get him and another FIV+ cat to keep him company.





On another note..........Amos is gaining more strength every day. I went to the vets today and picked up more of that super rich (ad) prescription food for him. I took him with so he could get weighed. He gained a whole ounce according to his chart. I think someone messed up his weight last time because he was down to skin and bones ( I could feel his backbone). Now he has put on a bit more muscle so his backbone doesn't stick out as much. He's more active and more enthused when the food comes into the room too.




If anyone is in the Portland/Vancouver area you must try St. Francis 24 Hour Vet Hospital in Orchards. They are the best place to take any sick or injured animals. They even see small animals. They also are a boarding facility which is great if you have a special needs animal that might need extra care since there is a doctor onsite 24/7.

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

2 comments:

  1. I knew it was Damian. I can't bear to see him. I only get very angry. Sorry I won't say anything beyond that because I'm sure you know my feelings on the subject. the cat lasted longer than any "friend". Nough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw its not your fault at all. Let the one who took him wrestle with that one.

    ReplyDelete