Monday, May 27, 2013

All White Cats Look Alike?

I went to the Humane Society on Saturday to see DamienI asked to be able to pet him.  I wanted to call his name and see if he would remember me.  The door was opened and he and a Snowshoe kitty were right there.  I called him "Damien" and he didn't seem to care about a name but wanted lots of pets.  I was told by the volunteer that he was brought in by Animal Control with another cat.  The owner surrendered him and the other cat because he ( the white one) needed his eye operated on.  They said he didn't have a microchip when he was admitted to the Humane Society.  My son's cat had a microchip.  Conclusion.....This must not be Damien.  But...even up close he looks exactly like him.  I'm not believing that there are two cats that look that much alike! If you have been around many cats you probably know also that they all have a different look.  They are like snowflakes...all different in some way.

The trip to the Humane Society did make me feel a bit better though.  Even though I couldn't possibly take him home because of the FIV+, at least there's a possibility that he isn't Damien.  Maybe Damien has a good home and is blooming where he's planted.  That thought makes me feel very at peace with life again.

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment