Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Fuzzball gang (continued)

The fuzzball gang member in the picture is Paddington (Paddy) He always has a ring around his face from diving into cat food cans. He is a large one weighing in at 17 lbs. He looks at the kitchen sink like it's a dumpster filled with wonderful things only for him. He eats most anything that gets put in the sink. He even ate canned spinach the other night. OK...so maybe all his oars aren't in the water. He is a bottomless pit. So far he is still healthy unlike some of the other cats.

The other yellow tabby that we took in is named Tanner. He isn't a young cat. He is still so skittish that I can't get near him. This is a problem because he has worms now. I am currently working to trap him in a carrier so I can take him to the vet. He has slept in it now for two days. On Sunday night I'm trapping him and off we go on Monday. He will have to do without food and water for several hours because the vet will want to knock him out to pill him.

Victor is the most recent rescue. He is a Maine Coon. He is several bricks shy of a load too. I can pet him as long as he is sitting in a chair. If I approach him anywhere else he runs away hissing.
He is allergic to the enamel on his own teeth. We had half his teeth taken out and now he needs almost all of them out. He is over 10 years old and I can't help but think that he let me trap him. I think he was tired of struggling with the cold winters and the cat fights. Someday he will be a loving part of this family...but Tanner.....I'm not so sure!

More another time

No comments:

Post a Comment