Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

Homer, the youngest of our ten little Indians, thinks he's an understudy for the chef position. He sits on the counter a distance away from me but takes in everything I do. I keep thinking about the Disney movie "Ratatouille". Remy the rat is a "little chef" in the movie. Homer is my little chef. I'm almost tempted to ask him what he thinks sometimes when he looks at me like," what did you do that for?"

Homer's schedule will be a busy one tomorrow since we are baking two pies (one Pumpkin one EggNog Custard) making the Corn pudding and boiling and making the deviled eggs. I'm betting he takes a nap between the pies and the corn pudding. Anyone want the corn pudding recipe? It's a war time dish (WWII). There was meat rationing and so they made dishes like this one. Now it's a darn good side dish for Holiday meals. It has corn meal, tomato sauce, egg, black olives, pimentos. butter and cream style corn.

Thanksgiving day all the cats will be on the couch with Dad who will be watching the parade. Well, at least the ones who don't believe in the sport of birdwatching. They'll be lined up in front of the sliding glass door watching birdie toes and squirrel tails flick and flit accross the decking in search of a morsel of food.....the aroma and warmth of the Turkey cooking wafting through the house making everyone a bit drowsy. That means it's time to make the Waldorf Salad, peel the potatoes, and get the veggies into their pans. No rest for the wicked!

I want to shop for collars for the cats and dog..... but I want colorful leather and crystal ones. I can't find them locally so I may have to shop online. They were, ages ago, easy to find in most any pet shop. There are hardly any pet shops around now. The big chain stores like Petco and PetSmart have taken over.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment