Monday, November 29, 2010

And The Winner is......

I was thinking about the ages of the cats today and I believe that Ming is the oldest and then Midge.  Ming was my mother's cat and she had him for about 4 or 5 years.  He was around four years old when she adopted him. Mother passed away and I've had him now for 12 years.  You do the math....he's OLD!
Ming does nothing but sleep, eat and use the box now.  He's usually the first one in the kitchen when it's feeding time though.  Sometimes he even runs to get ahead of another cat.
Here's Ming:

Ming has congestive heart and is unable to eliminate without meds.
















Next in the geriatric lineup is Midge.  I've had her for 16 to 17 years.  I have no idea how old she was when I took her in. She is now on meds for a sluggish Thyroid and has a neurological problem.  She still plays but is slightly unstable on her feet.                                     



Midgey is standing by her favorite rabbit fur mouse toy.  She loves to play with the laser light too.  She won't chase the light but if you shine it on her paws she bites at it.  My favorite way to play with all the cats is to take the laser when I'm tired of playing and run it under a door.  They stand there staring at the bottom of the door for quite a while before they give up and do something else.  That sounds sort of cruel, doesn't it?

On slow days I'll elaborate on the personalities of the fur kids.  Guess what?  It's a slow day, and here's my personality report.





No comments:

Post a Comment