Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas is headed our way

It's time to drag out all the decorations for Christmas. I have a collection of Snowmen that are coming out first. The cats don't bother anything but the Christmas tree. I shouldn't say cats, it's only Homer that likes to climb the limbs and sleep in the tree. I can't understand why he likes that so much since it's an artificial tree and is super scratchy. It makes my arms break out just putting it together. So far he hasn't broken anything but I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to put it up soon and leave it untrimmed to see if he is still fascinated by it. Pray for my tree...please!

The weather here is still fairly frigid. I bought Cherry (dog) a couple of new sweaters to keep her warm. She has figured out how to squirm out of them. The first sweater I bought her was a small which is tight on her now. This time I bought her medium and she takes it off at will. Is there no happy medium here? No pun intended *snicker*

Yesterday was kind of a bust. I cooked a huge meal and nobody ate much. My son Jeff, and his son AJ came after they had gone to Jeff's dad's house for Thanksgiving. They weren't hungry. My husband Ed, had to get up early so didn't want to eat heavy. Next year there will be no Thanksgiving dinner here. I'm happy that Jeff is finally bonding with his dad so I don't want to whine and stop them from the progress they are making. On the other hand...I'm tired of cooking for three days and throwing away food. Little chef and I worked very hard on that meal.
The cats and dog certainly do enjoy all that Turkey though.

I'm not a black Friday shopper I guess. Today was the day to catch a bargin and I tried to go to Target to see if I could score some icicle lights at a good price. I wanted the kind that actually look like an icicle but have lights in them. There were no parking spaces so I went home. I like shopping online for whatever I need. I can't bear to think about driving around and around looking for a place to park. Then if you get in the store you have to deal with rude people. Thank God for the Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment