Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Holiday Crunch

The Trailblazer is back but only the heat is working.  The air had to be disabled.  It was seizing up and will cost between $700.00 to $800.00 to fix.  That won't get done right now.  We at least have heat for the Winter months.

I've started my Christmas shopping.  I always dread the buying gifts part of Christmas.  I'm afraid that no one will like what I bought for them.  The only part I do like is buying for the cats and dogs.  For the cats, a little catnip goes a long way.  For Homer...the small furry catnip mice are perfect.  He loves them.  The only problem is that he plays with one and then the next morning it's floating in the water bowl.  He's almost as bad as a raccoon.  He has to wash everything.  Even when he gets ahold of something I have cut off a package to open it...it's in the water after a bit of play.  One of his worst habits is reaching under the oven or fridge and scraping out dust bunnies after I've washed the kitchen floor.  I'm never sure if he is trying to tell me that it needed cleaning or he is looking for a mouse he lost. 
Fina likes a little bling.  If I can find something that has rhinestones on it for around her neck, she's happy.  The rest just get balls and catnip.  They all get new collars too.

Speaking of Christmas....we have another recipe that we like to fix for Christmas dinner once in awhile.  It's carrot pudding. It's a steamed pudding and tastes really good.  I'll post it next time I blog again.  I'll also try to get a picture of the children's Christmas stockings hung on the mantle in December to show you they all have a stocking.  I have to get one for Sugar since she's the newest adoptee.

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment