Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rats! Victor Is Still Hospitalized

Victor is still in the hospital.  I'm going to call his doctor in a few minutes and see what he thinks about his condition.  He is still not eating or drinking on his own.  That has me concerned.  I don't want to bring him home and force feed him if he wants to just give up because of an undiscovered problem.  If the doctor feels this is normal for his condition then we will keep on treating him. 

Here's a picture that I found on facebook.  It proves even a rat needs someone to love.
I thought this picture was so cute I had to show you.  NO, this is NOT a part of the Muttzncatz's Place family.  Although I did have a rat we rescued from outside our home one time.  She was a feeder rat so I'm guessing that a neighbor had her to feed their snake.  She must have gotten away and made it to our house.  We went to the local pet store and bought her a cage and all the trimmings as well as a tiny carrier to transport her to and from the doctor. Minnie only lasted a couple of years because she had an upper respiratory infection that I believe she got when she was outside in the cold March air.  The sad part of the story was that she had a friend that escaped with her but he was found dead on the pathway to the next door neighbors house.

Cherry wanted her picture re-taken so everyone wouldn't think she only owned one outfit so here's our little fashion bug....

This is a cute little dress.  Sugar has one in navy blue with anchors on it.
Sugar isn't fond of dressing every single morning but she'll be happy when Summer comes and she can go nude again.

I just spoke with Victor's doctor and he says that the blood disease he has created the problem and he is progressing very well and should recover soon.It was a bacterial infection in his blood.  He's coming home tomorrow with a list of instructions and medications.  that's always such a joyful time....giving a semi-feral cat subcue fluids and medications not to mention tube feeding him.
My arms will look like chopped meat when I'm done.  oh well....that's what we do in this house.

Remember to keep those resolutions!


Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place


No comments:

Post a Comment