Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting To Know Sugar

I'm so glad our mini heatwave is finally over. I hate 90 degree weather. Now maybe I can get back to work in the yard.  I have so much trimming to get done. According to the weatherman on our local channel we may have rain on Saturday.


I can hardly wait until Sugar gets used to the sounds here in our home. I get to sleep about 2:30 AM and she wakes me at about 8:30 AM.  Maybe I could crate her with a radio and a warm blanket and she wouldn't hear our neighbors or the cats in the other part of the house.  Our next door neighbor decided to take a phone call on her deck this morning and Sugar had a fit.  Then in the next hour Fina decided to throw herself at the bedroom door until I got up.  These guys (cats) all have their own way of handling situations.  Fina was attempting to get me up to feed everyone.  She won.......again!

This morning I went out on the South side of the house to water our tomato plant and there was a baby raccoon climbing up the tree extremely close to where I stood. he settled on a branch that he considered high enough to be safe from the human and began talking to me.  After he finished his speech I went to get the hose and turn on the water.  When I returned to the top of the stairs again he was gone.

Today was chase the Tanner day.  It was flea meds time for the poor child.  He's getting better about leaving a stream of pee as we chase him though. He ran into the vacuum box that I fell on the other night.  It was easy to reach in and rub the treatment on the back of his neck.  He's always the last one to get his flea treatment only because of the degree of difficulty.

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment