Saturday, December 25, 2010

Excellent Christmas!

Christmas is over and we made it through itWhen I filled the stockings for the cats and dog before I went to bed last night, Homer wanted every mouse and ball I stuffed into a sock.  I cleared the mantle of all the decorations thinking that he might jump up there for a better swing at the contents of the socks. When I got up this morning everything was still hanging where I left it....good kitty!

My husband got me a super gift.  I have a Nook e-Reader from Barnes and Noble.  I just love it.  He also got me a roll up pad to do puzzles on.  I haven't been able to do a puzzle for years because the cats take away pieces or push them off on the floor and the dog eats them.  I now can do fun puzzles.  My son Jeff, gave me a gift card to Michael's......that's going to keep my knitting needles clicking for most of the year. What a super Christmas!

For dinner we had prime rib, parsnips, petite peas, mashed potatoes, gravy, Watergate salad, corn pudding and steamed carrot pudding for dessert. Amazingly it all turned out pretty well.  The meat was a perfect medium rare.

Now we prepare for a New Year's eve party.  Nothing fancy....just a few people, snacks and Yahtzee.

Tonight... (on a sad note) two houses down the street a neighbor was taken away by the medical examiner.  He passed away two days ago in his recliner.  His girlfriend had not heard from him so she called the police and they did a welfare check and found him.  How sad he didn't make it through Christmas.  He was a diabetic, and a heavy drinker, which I didn't know until tonight.  God rest his soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment