Monday, December 20, 2010

Success!

The tree is up, lights and ornaments on.  Homer has not tried to climb the tree once.  I have found a few of the bottom ornaments suspiciously laying on the floor in the morning though.  As long as he only bats them off and doesn't spirit them away...it's fine with me.  I'm getting excited about Christmas now.  I'm not getting anything for Christmas but it's the lights, cold weather, family coming and Christmas dinner that warms my heart.
I think this year I'm going to make my carrot pudding.  It's a steamed pudding made from carrots and potatoes (Free recipe to follow).  It takes longer to cook than to put together.  It's so rich and yummy.

                           Carrot Pudding

1 Cup Carrots (finely grated)       1 Cup Potatoes (finely grated)
1 Cup Flour                               1 Cup Sugar
1Cup Raisins                             1/2 Cup melted shortening
1 tsp Baking Soda                      1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg                         Pinch Salt

Steam 3 Hours or until done ( becomes almost cake like)
I have a steamer but you may use a pan over another pan of boiling water.
I serve this with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Kitchen stadium will be busy all day on Christmas eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment