Sunday, December 5, 2010

You Light Up My Life

Christmas lights that is.  Last night my husband (Ed) and I did nothing but check our multi color icicle lights to see if we could get them all working again.  We managed to get three strings working so he went up on our roof and put them up.  They came on  around dark and I went outside to take a good look at the pretty lights.  Oh My!  Two light strings were  the same and one had longer icicles.  The way it worked out...one side of the front had short icicles and the other was longer (noticeably). UUUUUGLY!  So now he has to go back up and put different icicle lights up.  This also means that I have to get three more strings in working order.

I'm trying so hard to have some Christmas spirit.  Money is tight thanks to our medical insurance carrier who raised our deductible to $1500. per person and raised our monthly payment to $444.  To me that's like not having insurance.  It's going to be mostly out of pocket for my yearly checkup...so why have the insurance?  I know....in case I become super sick or injured.  My husband doesn't need the insurance since his medical needs are taken care of by Veterans but he has to carry it to cover me. The reason for the hike in both the premiums and the deductible is because most of the employees at my husbands work are over 50 we were told.  That doesn't seem very fair now, does it?  That's the way these companies are allowed to treat older people.  The golden years Stink!

I wish I could be a cat  like one of ours that is pampered and loved and their medical needs are taken care of.  Lots of toys, catnip, baskets to sleep in, fresh water and treats and wet food twice a day.  What a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment