Friday, December 10, 2010

My Dirty Little Secrets

I'm re-organizing our storage room.  I started in the closet (no, I'm not gay).  That took all yesterday evening.
I'm tossing out a whole bunch of things and repacking boxes that have one or two items in them.  It's hard to believe that my containers in this room end up with a single item in them, but you see......I might need one or two things and so I take those out and use them.  That leaves the single item in there and then when I put them away again they go into a new box.  I  (just in the closet) gained 10 empty containers.

 Unfortunately because of my Fibromyalgia, today I can hardly move without pain.  I hate having this chronic pain!  You work hard for a few hours and the you're down for a day or two.  How am I suppose to get anything done?

Anyway.....Now we have to make a trip to Goodwill to donate some items and our garbage cans are getting full of useless stuff.  That's another puzzler....why would I keep plastic greenery and half used candles?  Dull and scratched  (old) Christmas ornaments?  Beyond me, but I did.

At one point during my closet cleaning I could hardly get out of the room there was so much junk in the middle of the floor.  I tried to make piles for Goodwill, throw away, and re-pack.  This sort of blew up in my face when it all shifted into one giant pile as it got too high.  Now I have to keep going on the back wall of the room where most of the boxes are filled with Holiday decorations.  I would wait until Christmas was over except I've used that excuse almost every year for the past 10 years.  It's time to get it done!  I start feeling guilty for not doing the work I should around the house. I, of course, clean the house, do the laundry, cook and take care of the cat's and dog.  But many other things (like the storage room) seem to spiral out of control as I plod along doing my daily routine.

 For just a little bit you will have to put up with me ripping into the dirty corners of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment