Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Cake and Cherry's Wheels

Tomorrow we go to the dentist.  Both my husband and myself.  We are supposed to have our teeth cleaned but I think I'm going to change the procedure.  I have a toothache and it needs to be addressed asap.  At this point I don't care if they pull it out as long as it stops hurting!

I just iced the cake I made today...... so I completed everything I said I was going to do except the weeding.  It's going to rain tonight and tomorrow so gee whiz.....I can't do any yard work.  Awwwwwe I feel so bad *sniff*

mmmmmm the cake is good!  It's chocolate and has vanilla frosting with just a touch of fresh lemon zest in it.  I had to put it in my convection oven on the counter to cool because Hunter likes to just help himself to the top of cakes and muffins left unattended.  I remember one time I left out a pizza with a cellophane shrink wrap on it.  I went outside for about ten minutes while the oven heated up and when I returned there were holes all over the cellophane and a few of the pepperoni pieces were missing.  There he was.... happily cleaning his face sitting in the living room as though nothing had happened. The least he could have done was look guilty.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but when we went to the beach a few weeks ago we went to a puppy boutique on the Prom in Seaside.  Cherry got herself  some wheels.  We bought her a doggy stroller.  That was wonderful because we didn't have to stop and pick her up when a big dog approached us on the sidewalk.  Everyone thinks it was a ridiculous purchase, but it even has a place to store purchases underneath her seat.  We were able to walk without the extra weight of the packages, Cherry pulling on her leash and both of us managing our walking stick and cane with ease.  It wasn't a frivilous purchase at all...it was very sensible.  Our friends just laugh and think we're spoiling the dog but we know the real reason for the purchase so they can just think what they want.

Good Night from Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment