Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Golden Years....Ha!

Teeth are squeaky clean but the sore tooth is still in my mouth.  The dentist wouldn't pull it until the infection is all gone.  Since I was having pain... an  infection must be present so I had to get a script for antibiotics for a two week course. On the thirtieth it will get extracted and the pain will be all gone. Just what the doctor ordered.....another hole in my head.

Do NOT ever believe that when you get to be a senior you are in your "golden years".  Whoever coined that phrase had a real sense of humor.  There is nothing golden about not being able to cough or sneeze without wetting your pants or having to have scissors and needle nose pliers close at hand in the kitchen so you can open sealed packages.  How about trying to open a screw top jar of pain medication but can't because your arthritic hands hurt too much?  Then there's child proof caps that your meds come in and it takes a child to open them.  Golden...I think not!

We have to go to the vet tomorrow and pick up some meds for the boys in the back room.  It's anti-spray meds....called clomicalm.  Homer is still going crazy and spraying everything in site.  He started the spraying when we brought Lamont inside.  I bought Homer a calming collar with herbs on it which he stuck his claw in and ripped in half.  That was $15.00 well spent.

I think we are going to make a stop at a farmers market tomorrow also.  There's one up in Vancouver on the way to the vets office.  I want to see if they have any vine ripened tomatoes.  I'm growing tomatoes in pots on the deck but they are just starting.  We had such a late growing season this year.

Good night from Muttzncatz's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment