Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's so close to Christmas now I can almost smell it.  I guess we can forget about having a white Christmas this year.  We're having one of the driest Decembers on record since (I think they said)1878.  The weatherman said tonight that January through March would be colder and wetter than normal.  Well....I can always hope for the white stuff.  I'm getting out the hot chocolate just in case.

Tomorrow we're heading out to K-Mart to look for stocking stuffers for each other.  I'm not real pleased with what they carry at our local Fred Meyer (Kroger) store.  There's nothing worse than getting travel size crap in your stocking that you'll never use.  I have all the cats and dogs stocking stuffers.  I need to pick up double sided 3M stickers for the hooks to hang them on the mantel.  I've now reached that time of the holidays that I want it to be over.  I think you get so buried in details that you stop appreciating the magic and reason for the season.

On my walk with Sugar this morning We did a walk around our neighbors house because she is in South Africa until March.  I thought I heard someone trying to get in there last night.  I was looking at her doors and windows and didn't see a big lump of higher grass covered dirt.  Down I went.  Now I'm extremely sore on my left side.  With Fibromyalgia once you have pain your nerves keep it going.  I'm going to take a pain pill tonight and should be OK in the morning.

So what kind of traditions do you observe on Christmas?

Good Night From Muttzncatz's Place

1 comment:

  1. Traditions are going the way of the dino's. But, Cleaning seems to be one. Unless I've gone through all my stuff throwing out things and taking note what I got and don't ...Christmas ain't starting.lol. That's Christmas this Year. Yurick and his girlfriend Wakana is off to a trip for Christmas..One of the 5 lakes famous here in Japan near MT. Fuji.

    As for the 3rd and 4th wheel.I gotta say I'm a bad Santa. I konw finally what I'm getting the guys.. I just haven't gotten them it. "Mr." got 2 gifts under tree with my name on it..Needless to say I'm curious..Seeing this year I said nothing. I just been too grateful for what I have as it is to reall thing to ask .

    When you got the love of Jesus, family friends...Your cup runneths over for sure.. At least mines did. The tsunami nor earthquake killed my boys or anyone I knew. Knock on wood. still don't know what happened to a friend and his family ..may never know..

    Merry Christmas from the land of the Shaking tree's
    =)

    ReplyDelete