Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Unimpressive Drizzle

No snow...no freezing rain, only drizzle and 47 degrees F when I got up this morning. No skating birds or squirrels on the deck. The cats seemed to be unimpressed with the weather too.  Only a couple of the die hard cats were at the slider gazing at the comings and goings of the wildlife.

I need to get back into my crafting (knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, beading and polymer clay)  I need to make a couple of pairs of wrist warmers for a friend in Hawaii.  Yes, I said Hawaii.  She's old like I am and if it gets below 60 degrees F she has joint pain and is freezing.  I can sure relate to that.  If it gets cold here (below 40 degrees F) I get the same pain.  I'm thinking the cats (the older ones) have a bit of the arthritis as well.  I know when it gets damp feeling or exceptionally cold here I make a fire in the fireplace and Midge and Ming are somewhere close to soak up the heat.  I almost made a fire today but just didn't have the time.  It isn't cold but certainly is damp.  The damp weather affects my Fibromyalgia so I personally would have felt better if I had started a nice toasty fire.

Soooo when will it snow here?  Is there a weatherman out there that knows when it's going to snow in the Northwest?  We still have through February so I'm still hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment