Friday, January 14, 2011

We're Having A Heatwave!

I can't believe that the weather here has gone from icy to almost 60 degrees F.  Now we're looking at 2 inches of rain this weekend.  Good grief!  There will be all kinds of flooding.  Since there isn't anything we can do about it...bring it on.  I think this is close to a pineapple express like we had in 1996 when we had major flooding in our area.  The weatherman says that some of the snow on Mt Hood is going to melt too.  This means, he says, it will be like 5 inches of rain.......yikes!  If it gets bad enough that we have to evacuate I do have enough pet carriers for the cats.  We had to leave in 1996 because we live next to a river.  He did say also that it should get back in a few days to more normal temperatures.

This weekend the brakes on my car need to be worked on.  My son, bless his heart, is going to fix the front brakes for me.  That way it won't cost so darn much.  He has been such a help to me the last few years.  I don't know what I would have done without him.  I think he realizes that I'm getting older and need him more now.  Whatever the reason, I thank God he's there for me.

The cats have their own special places to sleep.  I have several baskets with towels placed around the house for them.  Recently we bought one of those pillow pets (Bee) for Fina.  I put it in one of the baskets and now she only sleeps there.  The back of the couch is also a favorite place for some of the cats.  In the evening sometimes it looks like a long strip of fur on the top of the couch.  Three or four of the cats stretch out heads-to-butts and drape over the  cushions. I might add, the couch is covered with a king sized flannel bed sheet to catch flying hairballs and cling-ons.  Almost every piece of furniture is covered with something to keep from being ruined.  When you have ten cats and one dog you can't have anything nice, trendy, antique, priceless or God forbid, new!

No comments:

Post a Comment